NEOTT News - Monthly Newsletter
Where: Fred and Mary's Wildcat Ranch near Decatur, AR
Start Up: Group Ride with the riders meeting at 10 am
- Remember to bring a food donation for the Manna Center.
- The Sr Ama title will come down the last event as Todd D and Eldon are tied with 200 points each. Winner takes the title! See all the class standings here
- Three riders (Cramsey, Kight, Duesterhaus) are still in contention for Iron Man awards for making all 11 events in 2017. The winners will receive a new Dunlop D803 front tire at the start of the 2018 season but they have to make it to last event to win - no exceptions no excuses.
- Nov 5th is also time change date - so watch your clocks
- Following the event will be a Club Meeting, Election of Officers, set the 2018 schedule and hand out the 2017 year-end awards which are these very cool S3 hydration\tool packs. Awards go to riders that competed in at least 7 out of 11 events in 2017.
- Master: Jason Shackelford, OK
- Expert: Jeremy Cox, NE
- SrExp: David Black, KS
- Intermediate: Kyle Manny, KS
- SrAma: Todd Duesterhaus, MO
- Adv Vintage: Randal Black, KS
- Ama: Jim Findley, MO
- Nov: Caleb Saathoff, KS
Jason and company carry his dad Wayne around for a victory lap after his 2013 Novice class championship win at Disney.
Sometime around 2006 I was fortunate enough to be asked to produce the Ryan Young Advanced Training Techniques DVD. Spending three or four days shooting video with Ryan and Bruce LeRiche along with my video helpers Ron Lee and Scott Williams was a dream come true.
During this introduction to trials, I was working as a sport anchor at Channel 2. Since the events were always on weekends, I had to ride in the morning and sprint to work to anchor the sports. I cannot tell you how many shows I anchored in trials pants and boots. The Ute Cup is my favorite yearly event, it is always cool to see a handful of NEOTT riders at the Ute like Mike Cramsey, Shane Fernandez, Kevin Kight, Dave Yonce, Ron Lee and Charles Martin. Disney is my favorite place to ride but I will not miss an event at Lee Hoyland’s place.
Looking for a bike? (Seriously aren't we always looking :-)) here are some quick links for trials bikes on Craigslist in these nearby cities: